In the grand scheme of things, I don’t know much. But, what I know for sure is:
1. Perfection is a myth. Perfection is an unrealistic goal to aspire to since no one is without defects or shortcomings. I will stop banging my head against the wall now and accept that most things don’t require perfection anyway.
2. When life blows, you grow stronger. Ooh…the painful lessons in life. You have to take all those days that truly suck and dig deep…really deep…to find the lesson.
3. Control only relates to you. You can only control yourself, no one else (damn). This has been a hard, tortuous, agonizing lesson to learn. Doesn’t everyone know that if they did it my way that life would be perfect?
4. Stupid people don’t give good advice. Never take advice from those who have not acquired what you want.
5. One cookie doesn’t make me fat, the cake, vanilla latte and tiramisu that follows does. Eating in moderation works for me, gluttony does not.
What do you know for sure?